Music in the early church was provided on a bass viol played by Albert Morse of Foxboro. After a few years Robert Fuller (son of Micah Allen’s second wife) gave an organ to the church. The organ was placed in the end of the church closest to the street.

The church also purchased a parsonage in 1843. At that time Rev. Jonas Appleton was the minister and his salary was $300 a year and the use of the parsonage and grounds. The parsonage was on Sough Main St. opposite Horace St. The Sunday school was also established during Rev. Appleton’s pastorate on April 4, 1844. Brother Beriah Willis was chosen as the superintendent of the Sunday school.

Fulton’s Pond was the site of many baptisms in the early church. After the parsonage was purchased, the baptismal candidates would walk in their wet clothes to the parsonage on South Main St. to change their clothes. Many baptisms were held in April but even though this is technically spring, there were a few times when the ice in the pond had to be broken before the baptism could be performed. It was recorded that no one ever got a cold from this practice.

In the 1840s, discipline played a key part in the church life. Committees were formed to visit members whose church attendance was irregular. One member was visited month after month and the church finally took him off the membership rolls. Thirty years later his wife was baptized and he was accepted back into membership. Some members were also dropped from membership for attending dances. A fiddle player that played often in worship services was dropped because he played his fiddle at dances. His brother was also dropped because he attended the dances where his brother played fiddle.